Motherboard Overclockable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
a mobo is overclockable if it has unlocked bios. I bought a board very similar to this and it had unlocked bios. BUT what also matters when overclocking is stablility... and being a 40 dollar board, i doubt its the stablest thing in the world so just be careful.

Yes, but will not be that great. Why are you getting a socket A miotherboard anyway? It is very old now, and is in retirement. The Abit NF7 is the best overclocking board of socket A IIRC.

socket a boards are used in either A) a replacement for an old mobo that fried or B) a budget comp... those are the only reasons they are still around lol.

Right you are static_11, my old mobo's north bridge went out a while back im upgrading later but need this for temporary use. Thanks alot guys for the information.

Trifid do you own one of these boards? I have a amd mobile athlon +2400 that i will use with it what do you suggest i clock it to? By the way i have a thermaltake 11.

How do I know if the BOIS is unlocked?

i know some people do use socket a boards cause they can. over oh heatware they buy and sell socket A boards liek crazy so i know there not going on retirement:D

I don't own one. I haven't used a socket A system, just know that Abit was king of overclocking last time round, so naturally I went with an Abit board and it was terrible at overclocking. I am now on a ASUS A8N-SLI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom