Building a 'Decent' Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runewalker

Beta member
I am a serious online gamer and have built all of my PC's over the last few years with these type of games in mind. However I now want to build 2 identical PCs (kids play too) and am trying to decide which MOBO/Processor/Memory etc etc etc to buy.

I have been searching the net and mags trying to get ideas and seeing a forest of information. True this forum may provide the same barrage of info, but hopefully it will give me a guiding light as to which route to take.

I would appreciate anything you can offer. What I am looking for ideally is suggestions for the following:

Case
PSU
MOBO
Processor
Processor Cooling
RAM
Graphics Card

No doubt there are other things I have missed, but am thinking I can scavenge the rest from my existing PCs.

Waiting in dread & anticipation....

Yea, but I would look at AMD dual cores. The X2 or opty's are both good chips. My X2 runs great! The computer I built I think costs around $1200. A graphics card such as the 7900GT is pretty powerful and should run all the current games on high depending on the other computer components.

WOW - Great suggestions

Great guys. You have confirmed alot of what I was getting tugged towards. The only downside I need to find a different supplier...Newegg doesnt deliver to UK, but i can work that out. Going to do some UK online supplier searches and see how things progress. I really appreciate the info.

I wasn't too worried about a budget (wife has other ideas) but these number figure quite well even over here...)

Again thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom