Sp2 - Sp1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you can get a patch but you might
be able to uninstall SP2. Look under add and
remove programs in the control panel and see
if you have the option to uninstall SP2.

This might be a little risky so I would backup any
important data before doing this in case something
goes wrong and you need to reload.

Thanks

But Im talking about.

If you install windows with a CD that has SP2, is it possible to go back down to SP1.

You are probly thinking why I would want to go back to SP1, but SP2 is just not want I need (security wise) right now. and I have a Windows CD SP1 but thier is a crack in it , and all the new CD's come standard with SP2, and I dont want SP2 ye

why u don't want sp2? any reason??

sp2 is newer and better than sp1, it has better security and better features, and most programs run better on sp2.
i don't see any reason for someone to downgrade to sp1

It isnt recommended to go back to SP1. There has been many flaws and security risks that has been patched since then. these could allow someone to take over your PC. With many of the newer patches you have to have SP2 installed for them. So going back to SP1 will only leave you open for attack.

But to answer your question...no. If the disc already has SP2 on it when it installs there is no way to downgrade yourself.

Well I am forced to use SP2 now as my PC has been attacked like 2 days ago and my whole PC crashed

But the reasons why I didnt want to use it was because: It takes up more processors and it blocks like every damm program, yes it is better but, seeming as I have a dial-up it wont really matter.

But I suppose rather be safe than sorry

One reason to go back to SP1 is because SP2 can be extremely paranoid, especially when dealing with networks. For example, I had immense trouble with my wifi card and a bunch of network settings that were fixed after i uninstalled SP2. Then i reinstalled SP2 and the problems came back. So if you aren't entirely concerned about security (not entirely sure SP2 is actually more secure), then there would be nothing really wrong with going down to SP1.

However, Griffin, I am not aware of any way to get down to SP1 from a comp that came with SP2.

Griffin said:
Well I am forced to use SP2 now as my PC has been attacked like 2 days ago and my whole PC crashed

But the reasons why I didnt want to use it was because: It takes up more processors and it blocks like every damm program, yes it is better but, seeming as I have a dial-up it wont really matter.

But I suppose rather be safe than sorry

your pc was attacked? By what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom