DirectX 10???

Status
Not open for further replies.

caolan

Baseband Member
I have a few questions im confused as to what the realease of directx ten will mean ive conflicting reports that it will not have backwards compatibility. My main questions is how will its realease affect my ability to play games like say crysis. I have geforce 6800

Good question, but not really any good answers.

Since DirestX 10 hasn't been released yet, anything you hear will be speculation, since MS is still working on it.

Like troter said its all speculation now, but I would guess it will work like 9.0c , Just because your card doesn't fully support 9.0c windows still uses 9.0c runtime.

*Edit - If you update it that is

well i've seen the gameplay for the DX10 and its amazing. the great thing about it is that it also has a destructible environment, i cant wait for that.

yes.... destructible environments was what i've been wiating for since goldeneye!!!! i can't wait for that either... its no longer going to be graphics enhancements, but how things move... and destroy.. and enlarging the playing area without that hated load screen! hahaha

wouldnt you love to play an fps, and just shoot some guy on the face, and see that chunk come off?? wouldnt that just be crazy?!?!?!?

Yes, yes it would. I wanna shoot a dude in the finger and see it fly off, impairing his shot, lol.

haha, ya, extreme realism.

that will be insane.

i wonder if theyll have to change how games are rated then? couldnt "M" games become more brutal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom