Does motherboard matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kranky88

Baseband Member
Hi there i am going be getting a new machine with x2 4400+ +7900gt 2GB ram etc. I am not going to overclock this machine and i am just wondering what motherboard should i get with this I was thinking of an ASUS a8n SLI wil be sufficient, but wil there be any speed differences on the cpu ram gpu if i get a higher end Motherboard?

Thanks alot

The mobo definetly makes a different if you plan to OC. I have that mobo and my cpu OCed great. Also the type of memory you have will effect how high you OC.

I am doing a similar setup. x2 4400, A8N sli deluxe, 2gb ram, 7900gtx, and i wont be oc'ing either. A friend has the same setup and I loved it that much i'm copying. Its just for gaming.

I mean If i dont OC that much maybe just 0.2-0.4 ghz or so... What the difference between a ASUS 939 A8N sli and a high end mobo like a8n delux? will the cpu run faster at the same Frequency on a higher end motherboard?

if your not going to sli.... do not get a sli board....

but yes, board matters...

~Upgradable
~overclocking
~stableness (is that a word?)

apokalipse said:
if you don't want to spend too much, I'd recommend the MSI K8N Neo4-F
it is also pretty highly ranked among overclocking boards if you do decide to overclock

It is a really good board. The BIOS is good and it has about all the slots you need (besides SLI) for a good price. The only problem (which most of you may not know because I've never heard anyone else mention it) is that the backplate is glued to the motherboard. If you want to install an aftermarket HSF, which may require its own backplate, you'll have to remove the motherboard's backplate which will require a hair dryer, some brute force (don't want to get the motherboard too hot obviously), and frustration.

hmm. never heard of that problem.. sounds like it would be a job and half to install an after market heatsink then eh?

yeah i guess stability would have been the word :) but i was also in the middle of typing an essay in english and wasnt supposed to have firefox open so i had to hurry up and put something down lol...

Well i might get another card to SLI in the future, so i think an SLi board gives me the option of that upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom