Think your last build went bad? (humor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sui

Daemon Poster
Things that can go wrong when assembling a computer

The only one I've really had happen to me is 'The computer will fail to POST when turned on, and will make several loud beeps. If you find a guide to beep codes for your particular BIOS, that particular beep code will turn out not to exist. That does not, of course, stop your BIOS from making it. '

I even forgot what the problem was now.

The only thing on that list that's happened to me is getting a cable dangerously near a case fan. In my case, it was when I had the FanMate controller on my Zalman 7000 and the cable was touching the edge of the HSF causing a light grinding noise. Luckily it never got close enough to catch.

Plenty of my case wires got caught in my case fan before. One of them even got on my vantec tornado at full blast!

The first one happened to me, I was 13 my first build a 386. I had the motherboard out of the case resting on a box and when I reached over to hit the power button I hit the box and the bottom of the mobo hit carpet. I learned that carpet is a great conductor. Smoked the mobo. I was ****ed, at 13 it was hard to come up with that kind of cash and a 386 was close to top of the line.

Bought a brand new AMD 3200+ Venice core CPU and an ECS XN1 (piece of crap) mobo. mobo would not post. Went to pull the heat sink and out came the heat sink and CPU simultaneously which freaked me out causing me to drop the heatsink with the CPU still attached..............landed on the mobo and bent 16 pins on the CPU flat as a pancake. OUCH! Believe it or not AMD took that CPU in RMA and gave me a 3500+ in exchange!! Score!!!!!

RicoDirenzo said:
Bought a brand new AMD 3200+ Venice core CPU and an ECS XN1 (piece of crap) mobo. mobo would not post. Went to pull the heat sink and out came the heat sink and CPU simultaneously which freaked me out causing me to drop the heatsink with the CPU still attached..............landed on the mobo and bent 16 pins on the CPU flat as a pancake. OUCH! Believe it or not AMD took that CPU in RMA and gave me a 3500+ in exchange!! Score!!!!!

You lucky son-of-a-(motherboard beeps)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom