why does everybody hate the fx-60???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well looking around at benchmarks the opty 165 doen't come close the the FX60 on stock speeds but if you can overclock it (by 800Mhz) you basically have the same chip.
The opty 180 is only 200mhz shy of the FX60 and thats reflected in the benchmarks, performance is fairly close. It all depends how far you can push that 165 but at best I think you will match the fx60 on stock speeds and cooling.

However, do you agree then that nothing can beat an overclocked FX-60?

I was hoping that the FX-60 would be two FX-57 cores, but people tell me it is, instead, two FX-55 cores. Bummer.

You can't really OC an FX-60 very much. The whole reason people OC is to get the best performance for the least money. That is why the Opteron 165 is the best OCing cpu out. You can get a 1000mhz OC with an Opteron 165 compared to a 200-400 mhz OC with an FX-60.

At stock speeds the FX-60 is the highest clocked AMD dual core CPU, but it's also the most expensive AMD chip out right now. I would much rather grab a Opteron 180 then the FX-60, better stability and can easily hit the 3GHz mark.

People seem to forget that FX-60's can be overclocked as well.
If I had the money I would buy it. But I would not buy it if I end up with a cheap graphics card because of the processor.

so if i wanted a really good gaming cpu and i didnt want to oc and i had an unlimited budget, which amd processor would you suggest that i buy???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom