Good overclocking Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

magouster

Daemon Poster
I have the ASUS A7n8X-X Mobo. Is there anybody else here who has it or had it? Is it supposed to be good for OCing? Would a BIOS update improve a Mobo's OCing ability?

well iono aobut the mobo. asus is a good brand. go look in the BIOS and check if it's good for oc'ing. plus athlon xp's are known to oc well

o and john3. notice its not a 939 socket processor. good job on the advice

Does BIOS revision make a difference? Would it OC better if I updated the BIOS? I know ASUS is supposed to be good at OC, but I can only get my 2800+ Barton up from the normal 2GHz to 2.1GHz before it becomes unstable. And even then I have to put about 1.7V into it to keep it there. Even when I put 1.8V (that's the max!), I can't get it higher than 2.1!

can you try the automatic OC tool in the asus bios see if it can go higher by its self?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, well what bout your ram, for my OCing it was the ram holding me back it think, hmm..no wait, bugger what was that, ah well, whats its temps like when ya do OC it by that 100mhz?, other than that, i have no idea

magouster said:
I have the ASUS A7n8X-X Mobo. Is there anybody else here who has it or had it? Is it supposed to be good for OCing? Would a BIOS update improve a Mobo's OCing ability?
the A7N8X is Socket A
I'm pretty sure Abit has made some really good overclocking motherboards for Socket A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom