MY FIRST ACTUAL BUILD (AMD Too!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well why are we arguing about the future? this thread was for making sure this guy's rig was good. its athlon64, and pcix based i saw no problems. so why them are we playing the just wait game .it dosent do any good to just wait, that machine will serve him well.

Yea it will but now is the best time to wait. I mean like the time that comes once every few years is now.

zmatt said:
look, conroe may be superoir to the fx-60 but there has been a lot of time to develop since the fx-60 came out technically its already obsolete, thats like having a p4 and pIII run head to head. you can think what you want and i will think what i want. but just because you cant imagine some one other than intel being on top. i buy what works the point here is intel101 builds an athlon64 machine and you flame him just because he uses something you dont like. making the "just wait till ..." argument wont get you anywhere. everybody will agree that for a gaming rig at the here and now theres no better choice than amd. and arguing about the future will not change a thing so dont waist your breath.
Thats a joke before you said you buy whatever is the best but then you just admitted that AMD is inferior but only because Intel's processor is newer. Eh unbiased? I leave this discussion let the ignorant remain ignorant.

NeedAcpu said:
Yea it will but now is the best time to wait. I mean like the time that comes once every few years is now.

If you have been following patterns in the tech industry you'll realize its ALWAYS the best time to wait. Keep waiting and you'll do nothing but wait for more technology to be released. I bought my computer in the beginning of summer, the 6600GT cost me $260 after tax, now it goes for 175, do you honestly think I would've cared to WAIT for a 6800GS? No. I used it, I got my satisfaction from it, and I still use it today, it plays all my games quite well and runs quietly. I'm a satisfied user, and I doubt I'll change anything on this computer for a good 4 years atleast.

jesus christ EVERYBODY gets a new computer within 1-3 years when the conroe comes out i will try it, when the AM2 comes out i will try that also, but for now im talking about NOW..not 5 months from now, this very moment, thank you zmatt and septoid for bringing the original concept of this thread, i will be getting paid around 160-180 tomorrow so ill be a happy camper when i buy an a64 3000+ / 3200+ and a pci-e 6600 256MB videocard, and 1x512 pc3200 2x256 pc3200 (ram for free) i will put it all in my current case for now..

septoid2 said:
If you have been following patterns in the tech industry you'll realize its ALWAYS the best time to wait. Keep waiting and you'll do nothing but wait for more technology to be released. I bought my computer in the beginning of summer, the 6600GT cost me $260 after tax, now it goes for 175, do you honestly think I would've cared to WAIT for a 6800GS? No. I used it, I got my satisfaction from it, and I still use it today, it plays all my games quite well and runs quietly. I'm a satisfied user, and I doubt I'll change anything on this computer for a good 4 years atleast.

Yes but you don't understand this isn't the regular every couple month thing. This is the start of a whole new generation. Buy a Conroe in a few months and you will be on top for a couple years.

You're wrong NeedAcpu, you will never "be on top for a couple of years" no matter what you buy! PC Tech developes way way way too quickly to say anything will stay on top for a long time. Intel101, buy that system, for the budget you have, that is absolutely perfect right now. And I agree with Zmatt, Tyler does seem to be a bit aggresive in his arguing, almost like he's a frustrated 13 year-old fighting for credibility. Nobody is saying the Conroe is bad (read the whole thread again if you like), they are just saying that for the budget Intel101 has, that is what he should get. End of story!

No, If you catch the begining of a new generation and get a good OC you can be on top for a couple years.

i dont think so. in all truthfullness the reason why amd wont have a new cpu till '07 is most likely the result of a lot of current r&d they are doing for it. the fact is its a game of oneupsmanship. intel will have a killer cpu then amd will then intel agian, you see? it dosent really matter as long as you but a stable system that has good upgrade options. just like magouster said you cant stay on top, but you can keep up with good upgrades, over time. for example my system and everyone elses was obsolete before they bought it, the only hope you have is a good mobo so you can keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom