Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Microsoftt

Solid State Member
Hey, I own a Gateway GT5034. No where on the box, on the PC, or any of the few places I found on Google mention anything about how many watts the power supply it comes with has. It didn't come with a manual of the more detailed PC specs and I really suck with hardware stuff, but, I was going to order a new video card and have a friend who knows more than me install it, but he lives out of state and so he can't check the computer for me. I don't want to pop the side plate off and look around to see (to make sure that it's strong enough to support the card I want to buy and if not, get the best one that falls under it), I honestly just don't trust myself enough to do it. It'd be cool if someone here could take the information of the PC model I have and help me find out somewhere that gives information on the power supply.

Really, its fine to pop off the side of the case. Even my 10 year old sister could. Just check the side of the PSU.

I tend to agree that checking inside the case is fairly risk free however you should make sure that opening the case does not void warrenty if you are worried about that type of thing.

You need to trust your self more...

It is the same as opening the bonnet of your car to have a look. No harm in that.

It is literally unscrew the side panel with the thumb screws at the back and slide it off.

Its fair enough that he is unsure about himself. Before I built my own computer I was extremely paranoid about anything inside my case but I took the plunge and installed a firewire card successfully. Looking back onto it, im amazed I didnt screw anything because It was one of those horrible Compaq mini towers which are bad to work with. Another reason I was so unsure of myself is if I broke something I would not know how to fix it. Nowerdays I know how to transplant drives and fix stuff with ease to even in the unlikely case I kill something I can fix it economically and quickly, back then I couldnt.

Wow, thanks guys. Not only does the side plate not come off when I unscrew it and pull and lift on it (mother ****er was made from the stone that held the sword, I swear), but now, after I plugged everything back in (since the PC is againts the wall and there's no other place to put it and no room to work on it on the table), my monitor is all fuzzy and I've tried messing around with all the options on the monitor and my video card settings. Nothing. Just ****ed up for no reason.

Also, haha, you guys have censors. CUTE.

idk why the crap you unplugged everything to take off a side panel... i take mine off while the comp is running, even then its just about risk free if you know what your doing... then you have the balls to come back blaming us for your actions in somehow managing to screw your comp up.. it was a 3 step process:
1) take side panel off
2) look on the side of the psu
3) put side panel back on.

You must have done something else or overloooked something because just taking your side panel off will not cause any change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom