Built a computer but it does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this same problem the other night. I was putting a computer together for my grandparents. I fixed it in about 5 seconds. Check and see if you have your IDE cables right. The red line is for pin #1. On the board it should tell you which side is #1, and on your drives it should be facing at you when the computer is laying down. (facing the open end of case) Also, I think you would need 2 IDE cables... one for CD ROM and 1 for Hard Drives. I have tried using 1 IDE cable and this problem happened.

If you are getting no beeps, you either dont have your speaker plugged in the motherboard, or there is nothing wrong with RAM CPU or Video Card... as least I wouldnt think so.

I think that i might take this back and get a dfi lan party or a asus if i can afored it. THanks for all the help but this is not worth all the trouble.

any suggestion on a motherboard around $130 to $155. I want it to support the prescott and the fastest ram possoble for upgrading.

try unpluging everything and plugin them back in check that your cable to the monitor is plug in the video card properly and if u can try and get to the bios settings and check that everthing is doin everything the way u want it to many times the computer tells it self the wrong settings which can be frustrating

Did you try putting in the windows cd when you booted it up. I was having the same video problems with my ATI 9600 when i built my computer. I turned it off and on like 14 times. Then i put in the windows cd and started the computer and the monitor came on like normal. I dont know if its cooincidence or if the 15th time is a charm :) but give that a shot, it might just work, it cant hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom