Windows x64?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Gates said during the beginning of his carear that there is no need for a PC with more than a kilobyte of ram you know... And he said that we could never fully utilize a entire megabyte of ram.

and to a post earlier saying he'd need a serial number... 1 copy of windows can be used on 4 different computers i think it was, with the same serial, i know, i've done it already

Tyler1989 said:
Bill Gates said during the beginning of his carear that there is no need for a PC with more than a kilobyte of ram you know... And he said that we could never fully utilize a entire megabyte of ram.

Yea but look at where we are. Basically we can do everything instant on our computers. And they have graphics now that are unbelievably real. I say it carrys on like this for about 10 more years but what happens 10 years from now when games are as real as they can get and the most complex applications dont break a cpu's sweat? They will look to design something beyond just sitting at your computer screen with a keyboard and mouse.

I think Im gona just stick with my copy of 32bit windows.

I just wish more games were designed to utilize 64bit and dual core cpus.

I thought I got ride of this picture but this would be the amount of ram I normally consume on a daily basis. I donate this image to those who think 2GBs is enough.

mmchgzkzho.jpg

I run XP x64. No problems whatsoever except for drivers for a few peripherals like my webcam and printer...but 64 bit drivers will be released for them within a month or so.

I also run Win2000

ya i couldn't use my router when i had 64bit on my computer. you would also need 64 bit anti virus (i believe there's a free one..) in terms of performance, no it won't slow your games down or anything. i know steam has a 64 bit version of its games..(for counterstrike). you can run all the 32bit programs you want in 64bit windows.. just like how you can run 16bit programs on 32bit windows. you can run all your regular programs. as the other guy mentioned, some peripherals might not support it.. like if you get soem advanced usb mouse that you definitely need drivers for, then ya, make sure htey have 64bit drivers. but my creative soundcard, my 6600gt and other stuff all had 64bit supported drivers. only problem i recall having is my router.. and i think wireless mouse/keyboard as well.. i don't recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom