Failed to Load Operating system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now that I think of it....

The computer had Win 2k...it Crashed, It Froze, it Rebooted...it was a mess.

I bought Windows XP SP2 Home Edition...I put the CD in, installed it (I selected a Complete new install, it was my only choice, it said Win XP didnt support upgrading from Win 2k), got to the point where it had to restart...it restarted and BAM I got a Blue Screen.

I cant remember what the error was.. It was a bunch of words..like:

blah_blah_blah_blah_blah

0000000000000xA

Something like that...

I tried it so many times to the point where it didnt reconize the Format of the HD...Must have Fudged it :) :)

THATS where I started to reformat the HD and am now getting the Failure to load the operating system error...

I boot off the CD, Delete old Partion, Make new one 100% then install..it copies files and asks to be restarted. It restarts itself after 15 seconds, bios loads up..fine...Then the error.

I have a feeling I messed the Bios completely in the beggining with all those blue screens

Anyways I will get that Mobo model when I get home

ok I am at home now and standing by for some expert Help

The Motherboard is a VIA VT8235

With an AMD 3100a+ Pro Processer

256MB DDR400 RAM

HD is a MAXTOR - Diamond Max Plus 8 ATA/133 HDD 40 GIG

Ok so I have my HD set as MASTER, Not CS as someone told me..and my CD Drive as the Secondary Slave...But it runs on a Different IDE Cable then the HardDrive does...does that matter??

It says my HD is IDE-0 Is that good?

Thanks!!

*standing by*

Erdrickk said:
Also in Big White letters is:
L7VMM3
finally , thats the mobo model not what you tought , its an ECS mobo (one of the worst manufacturers) and the processor is solderd to it yuck , the manual is all black & white :mad: , anyway get into "standard cmos features" and press F3 to start hd auto detection.. , save & exit , if it still wont boot then try a reinstall , let me know how it goes ;)

and its good that the cd drive is on its own cable , performance wise its better , IDE-0 doesnt mean much at all it just means its connected to the primary (1st) ide slot

Did the F3 it Autodetects the HD..that works...Rebooted Same error. Reinstalled and rebooted...same Error.

I am starting to think that $90.00 for a new MOBO isnt so bad.

er wait..did you say the processor was soldered to it? Uh...does that mean I have to buy a new processor? I dont really want to go un-soldering things.

Would a Brand new HArd Drive do the trick? or is reformating the same as a new HD

So my HD Jumper should be set to Master, no CS right?

Since my CD Drive is on its own cable should I set that to Seconday Master? or Secondary Slave?

one more thing...

Can you find a BIOS Update for my board? I am not sure what to look for..

THANKYOU for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom