AMD or INTEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait until closer that time and you will have a better idea of how the 2 companies are performing as both have new technology in the pipeline. i am getting rather tired of people who believe they are clairvoyant and keep saying Conroe WILL beat AMD. i will admit that yes it does appear Conroe has the upper hand but that is not concrete yet. not one person here can even see 6 seconds into the future let alone 6+months

d'oh here we go but I'm all out for a war. Do you think that AMD can completly change their memory controller in only 6 months I think not. If you seen the benchmarks it's pathetic. Any rapid changes now results in bugs which is never a good thing. The alternative is to delay the sad sad AM2 Processors.

I've heard about it but it seems backwards at the most the apps should be re programed to be multi threaded. Interesting Technology and has potential though yes.

That isn't for the AM2 Processors though. When are we talking 2008-2012?

no i don't think AMD will be able to change the memory controller but i am not going to rule it out. its not that i can't accept Conroe may be better than anything AMD may be able to produce for a while its just that i am not going to speak it as if it were already truth. the fact of the matter is all we can do is hypothesise about it and i'm sick of people telling newcomers in a matter of fact way that Conroe will be the king.

nitestick said:
wait until closer that time and you will have a better idea of how the 2 companies are performing as both have new technology in the pipeline. i am getting rather tired of people who believe they are clairvoyant and keep saying Conroe WILL beat AMD. i will admit that yes it does appear Conroe has the upper hand but that is not concrete yet. not one person here can even see 6 seconds into the future let alone 6+months
Oh but your wrong I can see into the future. In 6 seconds I will press "Submit Reply" 1 2 3 4 5 6

ok so basically...what is everyone saying?...I should get the AM2 processor when it comes out?......or should I get the conroe if its out in the fall when im buying my parts?

I take it these two processors aren't going to be cheap either???

Neither. Wait to see how they perform when they're released, and then make a decision. Nobody knows for sure what will happen in 6 weeks time. They're not expected to be crazy expensive, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom