AMD or INTEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MackAttack

In Runtime
Hey Im gonna build a new Comp. in the end ofthe summer/fall

any advice on what I should get an INTEL or AMD???...use for gaming and using AutoCAD 2006....watching videos and what not...

or any advice or tips on ANYTHING would be great.

thanks people

Get an Intel conroe when they come out...they will rape anything AMD has to offer...

You wont regret it ;)

The benchmarks on the early test models were pretty impressive. I dont have the link right now, il see if i can find it.

Other good choices are the opteron series from AMD, very overclockable, nice for multi-threaded tasks, and gaming.

AMD is also comming out with their new socket AM2 soon, so you might want to wait and see how they perform. You can see some benchmarks on anandtech.com

Also, im sure there are loads of AMD vs Intel threads

there's tons of the same topics just flying around, just try serch bar and u'll find tons of answerd for the same question u have

"Single-core apps" are applications that are only able to take advantage of one thread of processing. In otherwords, the speed gain you get with a dual core processor doesn't mean much in single-core apps because you are only able to take advantage of one core.

(Doesn't mean they don't run faster, though.)

no...I'm making my computer towards september...im gonna be out west till August..than when I get home im gonna start getting the parts together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom