uploading video footage onto my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockout

Beta member
Okay I have this E-Machines T1801 computer with Windows ME running on it. I really want to use this computer for editing digital video footage. The problem is that you have to use a firewire cable to connect your video camera to your computer. My computer doesn't have a firewire port, only a USB port. I don't know what to do about this! If anybody has tips please let me know. I'd seriously apreciate it. thanks
-Drew

well if you go online you can purchase a firewire pci card you just put it in install the software and ready to go

Awesome, thanks a lot! My second question is a little harder... Is it a smart idea to put a firewire port into an E-Machines T1801 computer running on Windows ME?

What are the specifications of your PC, CPU RAM HDD SPACE?

It is a good idea to upgrade to XP, just like Macdude said.... I know ME has got some driver issues with Firewire especially.

The fire wire ports are easy enough to install, video editing does take it out of your computer though.

I don't know a lot of the specifics about the computer... If you tell me how to find out then I could do that, but I'm pretty computer-illiterate. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom