Black Flickering Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

originate

Solid State Member
OK here's the story:

Recently over the past few months (3-4) whenever I play a DVD using PowerDVD, or any other media files (.avi, .mpeg, etc.) in Full Screen mode my monitor flickers from the movie or desktop/application to a black screen and continues to constantly do this. Even when operating IRC with the blank default black screen it flickers.

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 760V TFT monitor and a PowerColor ATi Radeon 7000 graphic card. I am using 60 as my refresh rate since it is a LCD monitor and I'm running a resolution of 1280x1024.

I have tried installing the latest drivers for both the monitor and the graphic card and I have also tried older ones for both.

Could someone please help me. I am a bit stumped.

Thanks in advance!

No one has any sort of idea of what it could be aside from drivers or anything like that? :confused:

Try installing new codecs, or try connecting another videocard (from a friend or so) and if that doesn't work try connecting another monitor (maybe from that same friend).

Yeah I've tried codecs and all many times. I just threw in a new card and things seem to work A.O.K.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom