Wont boot to bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

zidder

Solid State Member
I damaged the front USB ports on my case,now the computer will not give any output,will not go into bios,no beeps.

CPU fan works,hard drive spins etc.I have disconected the front USB ports,reseated memory,video card and all other connections.

Any help appreciated

how did you do it? with a drill?

when you reseated the *connections* did you plug the 4pin to the mobo? if not then do so , if you did then try reseting the cmos 2 ways

1) jumper , basicly theres 3 diffrent ways for it depending on the mobo so better download the PDF manual and have a look , the jumper method takes less time (about 10 secs)

2) battery - unplug the power cord and take out the battery for 20 mins then put it back (exactly the way it was,puting it upside down can damage the mobo) , plug the power cord and power up

eitherway, if it worked and you see some error in post like "bios checksum error" then get into the bios and load optimized/performance/setup defaults

Thank for the reply.

I take by the 4 pin you mean the front USB connection ?

you welcome ;)
nope , i mean the atx 4pin connector on the mobo , and that 4pin plug that should be connected to it
Atx%20power%204pin.jpg

jeremy said:
you welcome ;)
nope , i mean the atx 4pin connector on the mobo , and that 4pin plug that should be connected to it
Atx%20power%204pin.jpg

Nope this one is just floating around,it has never been plugged in apparently

if you got a real old mobo that dont have a 4pin connector i guess thats ok , did you try resetting the cmos?

It might be helpful, but might not be.... HOW EXACTLY did you damage the front USB ports on your computer? Are we talking spilled a drink on it, kicked it, PC was in a fire, etc. etc.

It is possible that whatever damaged the USB ports could have damaged other vital parts of the system.

It had a memory stick in the port and the slick got knocked and broke the port

jeremy said:
if you got a real old mobo that dont have a 4pin connector i guess thats ok , did you try resetting the cmos?

I have removed the battery and replaced,still no joy :mad:

no beep codes usually either the cpu is screwed up, the motherboard, or PSU..... My guess would be motherboard or PSU, I'd get a known good PSU and see if that'll do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom