A few more questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice9

In Runtime
I know I have been asking a lot of questions latly, but I'm just trying to get everything straight.

So anyways here is what I THINK I am going to get:
AMD Athlon 3200+
Corsair XMS 512mb ddr400 pc3200 x2
Asus A7n8x-E Deluxe
Seagate 120gb SATA 7200rpm
Sound blaster audigy 2
Radeon 9600xt or Radeon 9800 pro
Lite on 16x dvd drive (i think)
Lite on 52x/32x/52x cdrw drive
keyboards and mouse: probably those microsoft wirless bluetooth series.
Monitor: 19 or 21" most likely

I was wondering what you guys think and what case I should get. I want it to be cooled good and quiet. How big of a PSU do I need? 420w? I was thinking about this case http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-133-126&depa=0 because it already has the fans and power supply, but the problem is I think it only has two spaces for the drives. I would be able to put in the cd rom drive and dvd drive, but doesn't the sound blaster audigy 2 need one as well? Anyways, sorry again for all the questions, just trying to get everything straight. I just got into this stuff and this is going to be my first build. Thanks

Unless the sound card is a "platinum" it doesnt have a 5.25 bay. That case is fine but I wouldnt put it in the "quiet" category, its by no means loud, but not quiet either.

For a processor, I would recommend getting a Mobile Athlon XP. I think you can overclock these ones (just get the 2500+ and overclock it to the 3200+'s speed).

Squaggleboggin said:
For a processor, I would recommend getting a Mobile Athlon XP. I think you can overclock these ones (just get the 2500+ and overclock it to the 3200+'s speed).
why get the "mobile" athlon? Also is it ok to overclock the 2500 to the 3200 speeds? It won't get too hot? I thought it would be better to just get the 3200, but the 2500 is cheaper.

any other opinions on this?

edit: also the 2500 is 333fsb vs. the 400fsb of the 3200. Will the memory cards I chose still work, and how much of a differene is running 333 instead of 400

Ice9 said:
why get the "mobile" athlon? Also is it ok to overclock the 2500 to the 3200 speeds? It won't get too hot? I thought it would be better to just get the 3200, but the 2500 is cheaper.

any other opinions on this?

edit: also the 2500 is 333fsb vs. the 400fsb of the 3200. Will the memory cards I chose still work, and how much of a differene is running 333 instead of 400

anyone?

Deadguy said:
You can destroy your broad and most everthing else clocking .Wouldnt recomand it.

AMD has locked all its chip's but the FX series and the mobile's.Locked meaning not able to Overclockcept for the FSB which is not much more performance.

oh :( So is buying the 3200+ worht it or should i go for the 250, 2800 or 3000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom