MY FIRST ACTUAL BUILD (AMD Too!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zmatt said:
first off. thanks septiod this thread was hijacked. and i agree a 6600gt would be good. my first habd experience with the 6600 has been a pleasent one and i recomend it to whoever wants a stable good overclocking midrange gpu.

but to tyler heres reaserch: http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1906034,00.asp

its an over veiw of 2005 in cpu terms and what will happen this year. put in short AMD cpus won benchmarks, intel couldnt pass 4ghz ,intel is going for cool runnig, low power cpus (ie not performance), and yes amd will not have a new achetecture all year.

but what does that tell me? conroe is a cpu meant for laptops, and minimalist machines i look forward to it and hope it does well, in this age we need some low power cpus. amd is going ddr2 this year which means so will am2. the fact with cpus is that apparently we have hit a ghz wall, the move that manufactures are making is multiple cores and more mflops, ghz isnt everything and it seams that cpus will go in a different direction from now on.
Lol wow. Are you serious? We don't need your AMD fanboyism giving out false facts.

oh yeah and i am not attcking anybody. it seems to me atleast that tyler is on a vandtetta, i simply give facts. and how can you benchmark conroe if it hasent been released yet? i know that some numbers are out but thats still speculation, and i have also heard that there are development cpus out there that people have been benchmarking ,but thats not a finished product and you can base all you want off of it but im not convinced until igo to newegg, see it on sale .and then read benchmarks.

oh yeah and if yuo are considering laptops go intel ,pentuim Ms and core dous are the best out there. turions just arent as energy effeceint . not even considerig next gen, right now for desktops i would go amd but for laptops i would swear by intel, the problem here is to totally different road maps intel plans on making a 5 watt laptop. amd want to be the final sultion to video games.

Lol, AM2 will not show a significant increase over current AMD processors so sorry the results won't vary much.

don't triple post and learn to use TFs search button your not helpless, or am I expecting too much already Gaara TF's god-like figure when it comes to CPU hardware will have a few good posts for you. You say facts but yet you are so clueless how can that be!

look, conroe may be superoir to the fx-60 but there has been a lot of time to develop since the fx-60 came out technically its already obsolete, thats like having a p4 and pIII run head to head. you can think what you want and i will think what i want. but just because you cant imagine some one other than intel being on top. i buy what works the point here is intel101 builds an athlon64 machine and you flame him just because he uses something you dont like. making the "just wait till ..." argument wont get you anywhere. everybody will agree that for a gaming rig at the here and now theres no better choice than amd. and arguing about the future will not change a thing so dont waist your breath.

Lol, I can't imagine someone other then Intel being on top? I've always been pro AMD since they were the best and are the best right now. But that will all change in a few months. I am in no way intel biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom