Sound Card - PCI Slots HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

istanbul05

Baseband Member
Hi i want to buy a new sound card but i just checked and i dont have any pci slots free. I only have 3 which i think is unusually low. They are currently occupied by my TV card and a usb 2.0 card and a modem card. Since my internet modem is connected via usb i tried taking out my modem card but then my internet doesn't work. Is this weird or do i definately need to keep it? So what are my options? My current Sound comes from the on board sound card so i do not have one to take out.

I only have 2 PCI slots :freak:

Yeah i agree, take out the USB and just buy the usb hub that connect via one usb port

The problem has bee resolved now. I took out the modem card again and it works with out it! Weird but great! Thanks for the suggestions anyway

3 PCI slots is pretty much the norm... Are you using an older motherboard that doesn't have USB connections on the back, or do you just have alot of USB devices attached to this computer?

If you have a DIALUP modem in a PCI slot, then removing should have ABSOLUTLY NO EFFECT on your internet if you are using a broadband connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom