why does everybody hate the fx-60???

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I mean the X2 3800+ on stock (2.0 GHz) plays single-threaded games (games that do not support dual cores to proccess the game, so only 1 core is playing the game) fine.

its perfectly decent, its just 'designer' as it were, the only reason I dislike it, is because it is seriously overpriced, and if you have the time you may as well overclock an opty or something and get as much if not more power for less money?!?

Charlie -

Does anyone have any NUMBERS? I would like to see tests comparing an overclocked Opteron to a FX-60 before I am certain. It seems like an Opteron is the way to go these days, and I agree that an FX-60 is grossly overpriced, but when considering only speed, I am not yet convinced....

I've been looking for benchmarks but can't find any. But seriously the two cores are almost identical, there is no special thing that the fx-60 has besides speed that makes it way better. Once you get an opteron 165 up to 2.6 ghz you are basically running an fx-60.

the "big" improvement that the fx-60 was supposed to bring was its the first dual core fx. but with optis around theres not much of a use for it. not to say its a bad cpu, it rulz but why pay $1000 for it? when a $600 or less opti works fine.

May not be the best processor out there anymore but it still very good people don't like it because it's expensive like any other FX branded processor.

i agree with dante, i dont want to make any decisions until i see some benchmarks. theres got to be some reason besides speed and marketing for the fx-60 to be so much more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom