Good build ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryogenic

Baseband Member
I was going to get this build for my new computer. Just wondering if it's a good build. It's mostly for Photoshop / 3D Modeling, but also for moderate gaming.

Mobo : Motherbard

RAM :
RAM

CPU :
CPU

Video Card:
Video Card

PSU:
Power Supply

^^(3 electrical engineers on another forum recommended this)^^

Case:
Case

I'm going to be reusing my 200GB and 40GB HDD's, same with my CD-RW, and DVD+-RW

It's a huge improvement from what I have now :

AMD Athlon 2100+ (1.6 GHZ)

512 MB PC2100 RAM

Generic 450W PSU

GeForce4 MX4000 128MB

ASUS Motherboard, Socket A, 512 max RAM

Does anyone think this will be able to run F.E.A.R and BF2, at pretty good settings ?

Thanks,
~Cryogenic

How much are you looking at spending, because you really should get better ram and a better mobo. It should be able to run F.E.A.R and BF2 at like medium or better I think. Let someone that knows more about that video card tell you, but definitely look for a new mobo and ram.

Looking for a system that's under $600. That one is at around $580.

I know the RAM is off-brand, but a lot of people that wrote reviews on it said it ruled.

I'll try to find a better mobo, and RAM, though...

Go with the G.Skill

Yo, if u are using the computer for 3d and video editing, do not get a single core AMD, the only way AMD competes ( and by competes i mean woops) with intel is with the Dual Cores. AMD is not as good as the intel ( i mean the single core amd) when it comes to 3d/video editing. If u cant afford a Dual Core AMD, get a Single core Intel. but if u CAN! afford a Dual core amd, DEFINITELY get it.

DO NOT CHEAP OUT ON PSU!!! get an antec or something, dont get a brand no1 has heard of, your more likely to fry your ENTIRE computer.

And thats about it. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom