ques. about reformatting and installing windows..

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
I've never done this before so please help me. OK currently I have windows installed and I decided I wanted to do a fresh install windows on one of my faster hard drives. How do I go about this? Remove my current master and put in only the hard drive for the fresh install? Or leave the master in and install windows on the faster drive. I also have to say that my computer is from sony, but I do have a windows xp cd I borrowed from a friend using my product key labeled on the sony case.
Any help would be great, thanks.

Oh and when I want to reformat what would be the procedure because, usually I just use the reformatting software that the sony came with. How would I do this for the fresh installment of windows on the other hard drive?

switch the jumper order to the faster hard drive as a master and a slave for the slower one or you can use cable select and put the faster hdd on the first ide and the slower hdd on the second then just boot from the cd and install windows then once you got windows installed, format the other hdd in windows and your good to go

OK I need help quick! I did what you said and it created a partition in the hard drive I'm doing the fresh install on, and I think it installed, but then it said it was going to restart. So it restarted and I see it's loading the drivers again. It then ask to either install windows, repair, or exit. But I went through this already. Is something wrong? I chose install again and picked the hard drive and it says theres already a OS in there. I chose to restart and this time I picked repair. It then takes me to a black screen showing me to repair. It says which do you want to repair C:/WINDOWS or E:/WINDOWS. From here I don't know what to do. I pressed ENTER and all it does is keep repeating C:/WINDOWS. I restarted again and I'm at the options where they ask you to either install or repair.
Please hurry I'm stuck at this point and it is still running.

Please this is really urgent I've been stuck on this screen for more then an hr, I'm not sure if this is good for the computer, if I turn it off what will happen? Please I really need help.

did you take the cd out when it rebooted? also change the boot order to the hdd and not the cdd if this is the case

OK thanks, warez....but now I enter the product key from the sticker label from my sony case and it's saying its invaild. How?

call microsoft and tell them you had to reinstall your operating system and they will activate it for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom