Computer will not boot up. Five Seconds Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

EamonX1

Solid State Member
Dell Dimension 1100.
O.S. Windows XP Home edition.
Problem:
When I switch on the computer it whirs for about five seconds, then there is a click and it freezes. Nothing shows on the screen – no logo etc. Completely dead
The green light on front of computer tower remains fixed on.
I have tried following:
Disconnected memory card and reseated it, disconnected sound card and reseated (no more cards).
Disconnected all cables to Motherboard and devices and reseated them.
Disconnect mouse, keyboard, monitor.
BUT IT NEVER GETS BEYOND THE FIRST FIVE SECONDS OF BOOTING UP.
Inserted a new motherboard and processor. But the problem remains the same with new as with old.

A few days before the problem came I saw the following warning message:
"Power Surge on Hub Port. A USB device has exceeded power limits of its hub port”.
I have pursued this and downloaded a patch from Dell to remedy this problem: but I cannot install the patch as I cannot get my computer going.
Any ideas on how to solve this? Second could the problem be related to this ‘power surge on hub port’.

yeah, i second that, contact Dell for a new power supply. (If you get through to them.....) Also, for a future new computer, Do Not go with Dell. Their service isn't worth it and you could make a better computer for about 1/2 as much as Dell charges for their "Top of the Line." If you don't feel comfortable building one, go with any other company other than Dell.

EamonX1 said:
Dell Dimension 1100.
O.S. Windows XP Home edition.
Problem:
When I switch on the computer it whirs for about five seconds, then there is a click and it freezes. Nothing shows on the screen – no logo etc. Completely dead
The green light on front of computer tower remains fixed on.
I have tried following:
Disconnected memory card and reseated it, disconnected sound card and reseated (no more cards).
Disconnected all cables to Motherboard and devices and reseated them.
Disconnect mouse, keyboard, monitor.
BUT IT NEVER GETS BEYOND THE FIRST FIVE SECONDS OF BOOTING UP.
Inserted a new motherboard and processor. But the problem remains the same with new as with old.

A few days before the problem came I saw the following warning message:
"Power Surge on Hub Port. A USB device has exceeded power limits of its hub port”.
I have pursued this and downloaded a patch from Dell to remedy this problem: but I cannot install the patch as I cannot get my computer going.
Any ideas on how to solve this? Second could the problem be related to this ‘power surge on hub port’.

LOL new Mobo.cpu from dell how much that cost you and you didnt try the psu.Jst the other day I found a 80mm fan that dell was selling for $45 it was just a cheap 1.99 black and loud fan.

$45 for a 80mm fan! thats such a big rip off. Anyways you should of check the psu first, try get a refund or something for your mobo and cpu.

wow for $45 dollars you could buy about 23 fans for $1.99 a piece!!!!!!!!!!! **** Dell is desperate to get money because they finally reached the truth about how much they suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom