Weird Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

computah-kid

Beta member
Ive got a compaq presario laptop and its only about 13 months old, but recently its been making really weird noise,, I hear the fan really whizzing round at speed and some kind of grinding noise.

Then it goes back to normal for a few weeks, and then it happens again ?? Can't understand as if something was seriously wrong with it then it would just break down,

The first time it happened some brown dusty stuff came out of the vent at the side.. I though maybe a moth had flew in there and got squished by the fan... but since its happened 3 more times..

As Im in UK then the guarantee is finished..yep we get ripped off here,, other countried get 3,4,5 years guarantee...

So do you think its worth me to open it up and have a look. or shall I just leave it untill it breaks down completetly.. I worried as there may be something happening inside that I can fix to prevent from further damage.

I took it to the computer shop and they wanted £60 just to open it up and have a look,, its a lot of money to me, as Im unemployed. Am worried if I open it up and dont see anything then I wont be able to put it back together or I will damage something...but at the same time am worried it is getting damaged slowly, and think I may just open it and its something physical which I can just pull out..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom