PSU's. Okay brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
Is Powmax an okay brand for PSU's? I need a new power supply. Not because the one I have is broken, but because it's loud as ****, and is generic.

I don't need a whole lot of power. I'd say 350-400 watts is more than enough. My main concern is the NOISE level. It's my room desktop, and I'd like to be able to sleep with it on instead of turning it off at night because of the dull roar coming from the PSU.

Right now I'm only running a 1.8GHz Celeron, with a 9800XT, 1 optical, 1 hard drive. I've had it on as low as a 250W PSU for a few days, and it ran fine.

As for budget, I only want to spend around 40-60 bucks Canadian. I COULD spend more, but I really want to save up for a new processor, RAM, and maybe a new case.

I used the PSU calculator, added up to 248 watts with my current specs, and even with what I'm planning to upgrade to still only uses 308.

For that system and budget I would get This Power Supply I am going to get some flamming over this but Ultra makes a pretty good psu as well. I have two ultra V-series and they are super quite.

I have One Of These running a P4 2.6 ghz @3.ghz 800fsb an ATI 9550 256mb 8xagp, two hdd's / two disc drives / 2x 512mb pc3200 DC/ tv tuner / soudnblaster audigy2 / and four extra fan's and it worked fine. I gave it to the wife and kids now but it still works like a champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom