why case mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
armyofswiss said:
still i find it completely pointless unless trying to get better performace. Id invest in something useful.

Do you wash your car? Personally I'd rather have a nice quiet sedan, rather then a supercar with one seat and full rollcage, that has a nice 140 db cruise sound. What do you think a fan controler is for? Its not for performance, its for aesthetics..... With that I'd like you to remove any fan controlers, and I'll buy you some nice 75-80 cfpm 80mm fans to listen to. Do you use a comb? not anymore, because theres nothing performance about it. If performance really is so much to you then I hate to see the face of the woman you end up with.

I'm not making fun, I'm trying to make you see what they see. Most people who mod for looks spend alot of time around their computers, wouldn't you rather look up and see something aesthetically pleasing to the eye? I for one got tired of looking up and seeing my frankenstien with the fan holes from a sawzall.

armyofswiss said:
what is the point of case modding for looks... if it improves performance I understand but... what is the point.
No offence but I can't belive anyone would even ask a question like this. That's like asking why do people wear clothes that look nice? Why do people have lawns in front of their house? Why do people wash their car? Why do people whiten their teeth? You get the point I think.

it gets the ladies! ..... frank is right, kind of a rediculous thing to say on a website devouted to computer performance and modding

I agree making the pc look good makes it feel good even if its really crap lol, Sort of like u cant judge a book by its cover

lets start off with ... Have you ever built your own computer before? If you haven't then i understand why you don't get it. Case modding is needed on some things or if you wanted to have that custom personal touch to it. Example, You buy a new Water cooling system and you want to hook it up to a small case. It won't hold all the parts in the case, so you have to add an external Radiator (or other things) which would mean you have to mod.

Askign this question would be like asking us "Why do you build you own computers and not by a prebuilt"...... Theres this mod i seen on another forum (i have a link if you want it pm me for it) which the guy made his own case out of a trash can (metal type). You say insane i say awsome! Its jsut all about the showing off/personal touch. If you don't like it hen go buy a perbuilt computer which you don't have to worry about anything having to deal with mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom