MY FIRST ACTUAL BUILD (AMD Too!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
meefle said:
SAME HERE.... but idc i'm goin to get an AMD no matter how good the new Conroe is gonna be. Everyone knows AMD is goin to come out with something just as good but probably better.

wait till mid june to buy ur stuff, the new AM2 socket will be out and all s939 stuff will be cheaper or wait till next feb like me and get AM2 when most of hte bugs should be gone ;)

So youd pick an AMD over a $300 2.4 ghz Conroe that will be able to OC well over 3 ghz?

well by Feb next year..... thats a long time from now and who knows what will happen.... AMD might announced their Conroe-solution CPU and i might wait for that.... i dont really know but i doubt i'm buyin another Intel

IMHO in the whole computer techie world...if wait for new stuff, u will wait forever...man this stuff is movin so fast... buy what u want AMD and INTEL are good at what they do... neither 1 will disapoint u

IntelUser101 said:
i dont want to overclock dude, if you want it at fast clock speeds BUY IT AT FAST CLOCK SPEEDS!!!! jesus..

Wow you are extremely stubborn...I would help you but maybe you should ask nicely and respect people.....

You never even told us your budget, or what you want this for......

Im assuming gaming and Im assuming you have unlimited budget to go with you unlimitedly arogant attitude...

Intel Conroe
Quad 7900 GTX, X1900XTX, or G80 if its out...go ahead you pick...just pick the one that sounds coolest to you:rolleyes:
2 GB of ram
DFI SLI-DR Venus
1k PSU
1 37.6 GB Raptor HD for Games OS, 7200 RPM Seagare Barracude 500 Gb for Storage
X-FI sound card..

Im sorry but I Really need A budget I could be building that for you or this:

AMD Sempron
512 MB PC2700 RAM
ECS NFORCE3-A939 (1.0A) ATX AMD
Some case with cheap PSU...
7200 RPM 60 GB HD..

Please give us a budget and we will give you the best possible PC for what you want it to do...

thank you

meefle said:
SAME HERE.... but idc i'm goin to get an AMD no matter how good the new Conroe is gonna be. Everyone knows AMD is goin to come out with something just as good but probably better.

wait till mid june to buy ur stuff, the new AM2 socket will be out and all s939 stuff will be cheaper or wait till next feb like me and get AM2 when most of hte bugs should be gone ;)
what a joke you are suggesting an overpriced AMD that only adds ddr2 which will have bugs in the memory controller against a highly power efficiant, highly overclockable, dual core, Conroe. The Conroe is more efficiant per clock cycle than AMD this time around. Yes if you wait there will always be something better BUT ....

IMHO in the whole computer techie world...if wait for new stuff, u will wait forever...man this stuff is movin so fast... buy what u want AMD and INTEL are good at what they do... neither 1 will disapoint u

Waiting now is like waiting a week while waiting for AMD will be a year. Face it look at their roadmap AMD is sitting around and picking their nose untill Q1 2007. Long time to wait, on the other hand the wait for Intel is not long and it is cheaper, better than anything from both companies out at this current time.

yeah i hate it when fan boys start chewing out a guy who wants to buy a certain unit. first off current gen AMD is superior no question, next gen its a toss up. everyone always says "wait till the next big thing" heh when G80 comes out they will say wait for G90.

my $.02, amd right now is a good choice, fast, reliable, you can overclock if you change your mind. DDR2 is a joke put out by intel, dont worry about it. you can always upgrade if you make sure your mobo is future proof. socket 939, pcix, sata, ect. you have that you'll be good.

first of all, i'm not suggestin the AM2, i was bein sarcastic. another thing is i can wait till 07 cuz i have no money now and i just built the comp i'm on now in Jan. And who knows i might end up gettin the conroe but i wanna see what AMD is goin to do about it and (in my opinion, nobody get offended by it cuz thats the last thing i want) i dont think intel deserves MY money for copyin AMD since they went wrong when they first decided to go with higher clock speeds. I kno how every consumer out there who doesnt kno alot about computers rates their computers... by high clock speeds....... thats y i have a intel right now cuz i didnt kno much about AMD and how their systems worked when i built this computer.

the "loose" way to measure an amd to intel is the amd model # ex: athlon 3000+ is a rough equivalent to an intel of that speed in other words. a athlon 3400+ is the rough equivalent to a 3.4ghz p4. personally i dont think conroe stands a snowballs chance, simply because since '03 amd has spent alot on r&d and intel is playing a BIG game of catch-up.

*sighs*

In exagerated terms the G80 is here in a month when G90 is here in two years. Either this gives you a chance to buy new hardware or save loads on your origanal hardware after the new stuff was released. You'd feel pretty dumb when after a month of building your PC you learn that you could have saved 100 USD or gotten better parts.

And again AMD doesn't have the add one Ghz rule anymore Intel is more efficiant than AMD you haveto add to intel now to compair to AMD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom