I need advise,

Status
Not open for further replies.

kradnam

Solid State Member
HI,

I Have been out of the building part of boxes for a good 4 years, my wife finaly gave me the green light, so im thinking of sinking 2K (canadian) into just a box, I have ram 1GB of ddr333 (will upgrade later).
this is what I am thinking of,
i woud apprtc any help and suggetions

Athlon 64 X2 4400+
a8n-sli
enermax liberty elt620w
WD cavia se 160GB
asus en7900gtx/2dhtv

aside from that I am still looking for a NICE box and fans to keep my baby cool any suggestions are welcome,
thanks.

edit: its actually 7900gtx i was looking at :)

Instead of the 7800GTX I would recommend a 7900GTX or 7900GT.

Any case fans would do, just make sure you buy some AS5 to put on your processor and GPU.

Depends on what kind of case you would like. Flashy, fancy, budget?

some what flashy, but mostly just big and budge..
what is AS5? [sorry i have been out of this for a good time now]

also if i am looking for a nice gaming monitor (<300$ can) any suggestions?

and thank you kindly with the help :beard:

less than $300 canadian, im live in toronto and from my experience u are looking at something that is 17", nothing bigger, it gets really pricy after that. go to newegg.com ( i no its american, but they have A LOT of reviews) see 17" LCD Monitors and see the reviews and find the same thing on a Canadian store.

thats a good CPU choice

You can save ALOT of money buy switching to a Antec TruePower II 550Watt PSU, its one of the best PSUs out there, it has more than enough power for u, and is cheaper than the Enermax

and get a 7900GT, dont spend about $800 canadian on a 7900GTX and in a few months the G80s are going to come out, so i'd say get an eVGA 7900GT and save up for a 8800 card.

as for case, i'd say an Thermaltake Tsunami, is a great Case and has 3 Fans, but if u wanna go Full Tower, get a Thermaltake Armor, it comes with 4 fans, but if u also want good looks, get the Thermaltake Silver Kandalf, the front side panel looks a lot beter, and its half the weight than that of the Armor and the Black Kandalf, and it also comes with 4 Fans, AND there is room for more fans, it has great airflow, and comes prepared if you want to use a water cooled system.

thanks ,my issue is, this is pretty much a one time shop for me, next shopping stop (and this per wife) is a good 4 years away.... thats why im trying to make sure it doesn't suck but at the same time i have a limi :( the monitor is just a freebe i think my wife might buy me one as a gift (she is nice not a horror) so yeah.. cases i will look at thank you, i've read that the a8n heats up so i want a nice large case that i can fan out. the water cooling seems like an intresting idea, but i move around alot and that thing looks like too much pain in the a77 to move.
as for the power supply I had a realy bad exp with antec.. realy realy bad.. lets say it fried my happy baby and i am / was stuck using an old celery until i could buy a new box.. I DONT want to make the same mistakes, hence cooling and power are the most important thigns to me...

dont worry about the Antec TruePowerII, read the reviews on Newegg, u will definitely be convinced. And that Full Tower Thermaltake only weighs 10Kg, its not that much of a Pain to move arond. as for motherboard get the MSI or the DFi Lanparty UT Ultra-D, and if it is one stop shopping the go for the 7900GTX for sure.

dude, i think you need to pull yourself from under your wifes thumb. You are a guy who needs an uber pc, dont let anything get in your way......

leave the guy alone, for all you no shes a nice person who just doesnt want money wasted constantly on upgrades when they can go into something useful, e.g. Bills, bills, bills, and hmm.....bills? nowadays people get bills almost every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom