Need help with what my pc i want to build will handle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuruma

Solid State Member
Hi all I am new to this forum. I just have a few questions. I am planning on building a new pc but have some concerns on what i am thinking about buying. Here is a list of what I am thinking:

Intel pentium d 950 dual core processor
Asus P5LD2 Deluxe motherboard w/ intel 945p chipset
2 GB PC5300 Kingston memory
ENERMAX ELT620AWT LIBERTY ATX 12V VERSION 2.0 620W UL & FCC POWER SUPPLY
Sapphire ATI Radeon X1600Pro 512MB DVI/VGA/TV-Out PCI-Express Video Card
Western Digital Raptor 74GB Serial ATA Hard Drive

I have everything else I need. My questions are:

1) Is this computer good enough to run high end games at present and in the near future?

2) Is the dual core processor worth the extra price?

3) Is the graphics card good enough or do I need to spend the extra money and go one step higher? (can't afford the high end ones)

4) Is there anything in there that needs upgraded?

My main purpose for this computer is just to play video games and maybe run multiple games at once. Also may run two monitors on this system never done it but want to have the option open later on. Thanks for any advice given in advance.

1) No, X1600pro is not the top of the line and will run games at med settings

2) No, the P D's suck and arent as good as AMD's dual core

3) No, go for at least a 7**** series or the ATI X1900 or X1800 if you want to run at the highest settings

4) Switch to AMD :)

K get an AMD X2 3800+, and either get a 7800GT ( but if u can afford a 7800GT, u can sure get a 7900GT because its about like a few dollars difference) or get a x1800XT, its an excellent mid priced Video card, one of the best.

Get a MSI K8N NEO motherboard

Antec TruePower II 550Watt PSU ( cheaper than the Enermax im positive), one of the best power supplies out there, and its cheap

2x1GB OCZ Value Ram Dual Channel DDR ( make sure its not DDR2)

WD Raptor 36GB 10K for the system, like games and the OS and stuff like that

WD Caviar 120GB for storage, all ur files, music, and movies.

and that should be GREAT and probably adds up to about $750-900, i didnt calculate the prices but thats an estimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom