Gfx card problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguinlord

Baseband Member
I just recieved a new graphics card (X850XT) and ram and have installed it. When playing games, the graphics card sometimes either locks up and freezes, or doesn't put the image on the monitor anymore. This occasionally used to happen with my old card but not nearly as often (my old card was a 9200).

One thing I think could be causing it is a lack of power. Would removing a disk drive (I have 2) mean that there would be more power available for the card to use? Or if it is a lack of power, would I have to buy a new power supply?

The other thing I think it could be is a dodgy card (it did do it on my old card though, but rarely).

What do you think? I think the power supply is the culprit. So would removing a drive mean more power is available to the gfx card or is that not how it works?

Can you give us the specs of your computer? Especially the PSU

Also have you updated to the latest drivers and have checked your temps?

My specs are:

Athlon 64 3200+ (754)
1gb PC3200
Radeon X850XT agp

I don't know my PSU. I'll try and get it now by seeing if there's a sticker on it saying the power.

I heard the X8** series were very power hungry video cards, so hopefully its aboce 450W

I've found numbers that say 250W and 230W on the PSU along with some other stuff I can't make sense of. I think we found the problem though lol.

Uh 250W uh erm yeah... :freak: You got some problems, hopefully it doesnt go BOOM on you :)

I will asap. Do you think a 450W would do for this machine? I want to be sure.

Athlon 64 3200+ (socket 754)
1gb PC3200
Radeon X850XT agp
2 Dvd Disk Drives
TV Card (I know this uses power so I thought I'd put it)

Also, just to make sure it's not overheating are temperatures of around
42c for temp1
26c for temp2 and
26c for HD0 (when writing this) o.k? I tested them in SpeedFan. My fan speeds are 3700 and 2744.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom