NEEDED: Mobo for 3800X2 and radeon 1900 xt

Status
Not open for further replies.
No!!! dont get the DFI!!! sorry but if your wanting an overclocking mobo then the best out are the new asus boards. and as you have bought a nice x1900xt then there is no point getting an SLi board. Get the ASUS A8R32 MVP Crossfire Deluxe. I have it and its amazing, never had a problem with it. You will be easily able to overclock and use 2 different (or the same) ATI cards. So not wasting money on throwing away the x1900xt when ur done with it.

Crossfire and SLI is a bunch of bologna.

Also the DFI mobo is not SLI just so you know cough cough.

You should also look to get the ATI X1900XT as its better to stick with them. Or sapphire though i havent heard a lot of bad things or good thigns about them too.

MSI is ok. Also HIS seems to be pretty good and has good stock cooler and gigabyte but if it was me i would buy an ATI card made by ATI

Ok well dont get the DFI it doesnt even have SLi. get the ASUS A8R32 Crossfire. you cant go wrong with it.

If your going to spend enought money for 2 GPUs then definatly go SLI. Oblivion is only one of a few games that Crossfire can stand next to SLI in performance. But SLI and Xfire are a bunch of crap to make you spend more money. I would go with this X1900 XT:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102004

Try to get it before the 30th of this month so you can get the rebate. The ATI XT costs $473 dollars (with the 30 dollars off). Sapphire is a good company from my experience and people I know. It also comes with two Sapphire Select codes where you can pick two games out of four or something like that.

I would definatlly get the DFI Lanparty.

He said he wanted to shoot for around 100 dollars, I think $214 is a little over his budget don't you think? Besides have 2 full X16 bandwith doesn't help crap in real world performance; especially since PCIe cards today cards don't even use half of a single PCIe's bandwith).

ok first off i didnt say u can go wrong with them. and secondly if u r upgrading now then u dont want a mobo that doesnt support sli or xfire. and finally having 2 x 16x pcie slots will b worth it in the long run. oh and the a8r32 is a fanless board so its silent yet still keeps temps down by 10 degrees c against other boards (so i read)

Just so you know the ultra can do sli just need the sli bridge (which ive seen come with ultras or buy for 10 bucks) and a pencil to connect two points on a chip i think. I honestly dont think he would have that mobo that long since the pci slot speeds have been the same since 2003 and its still only using half if thats true? So what if the chipset fan/heatsink makes noise and runs a little hotter. I guarentee he has case fans that are louder and thats why they have as5. :) Plus it is over $100 more! 666 POST!!!! Doesnt that mean something bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom