Some Upgrades:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh GOD ****! before i new anything about OCing Ram u guys told me that it was ok to get ddr500 and told me all this gibberish but i think i get it now.

When u install the ram it will downclock to 400, am i right? but when u OC ur CPU, and since ur divider is set to 1:1 u can oc ur CPU 50Mhz, and the ram can do the same since its limit is 250MHz not 200Mhz, so only after it reaches 250 would u need to change the divider or OC the ram by increasing the voltage. Am i right? and this allows u to OC ur CPU more than u would be able to with a ddr400 ram? am i getting it?

what kind of trouble did you have with your tsunami? i havent had anythign wrong with mine.

When u install the ram it will downclock to 400, am i right? but when u OC ur CPU, and since ur divider is set to 1:1 u can oc ur CPU 50Mhz, and the ram can do the same since its limit is 250MHz not 200Mhz, so only after it reaches 250 would u need to change the divider or OC the ram by increasing the voltage. Am i right? and this allows u to OC ur CPU more than u would be able to with a ddr400 ram? am i getting it?

thats basically it except you would be overclocking your cpu by a lot more than 50mhz, it would be the FSB/HTT that is overclocked by 50mhz

so its the 50mhz FSBX the multiplier and u get how much MHz u increased it by. YES, YES! I SEE THE LIGHT! IT BURNS!!!!!

Maxx said:
what kind of trouble did you have with your tsunami? i havent had anythign wrong with mine.

i had major trouble getting my PSU in cause its so huge and theres not enough room because of the top thing... (USB FIREWIRE ect.) i had to remove that. but other than that, nothin.... it scratches very easily and shows fingerprints :D

sorry for the double post, but i just got my stuff today ( i got the OCZ ram because i've had OCZ for a long time and i like them :D). the only thing i'm not sure about is installing the VGA cooler, just remove the stock one, put a dab of AS5 on the core and then put the HS/F oN? and is it possible to remove that pad on my CPU HS/F and put some AS5 on? what should i use to remove that pad? a card maybe?

A lint-free cloth and some rubbing alcohol

Oh man your rig almost beats mines, 3700+ vs Opty 170 and 7800GTX vs 7800GT :)

PZEROFGH said:
A lint-free cloth and some rubbing alcohol

Oh man your rig almost beats mines, 3700+ vs Opty 170 and 7800GTX vs 7800GT :)

ok i've got plenty of those..... and i just ordered an x-fi by the way pzero :D and when i get my new CPU cooler (ooooooohhhhhnnnnage)

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom