Any OC Asus A832n Delux Mobo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeslangley

Baseband Member
Hi,

Has any one on this forum over clocked using the above mobo?
If so do you have any recommendations on settings etc?

L

I have overclocked on the ASUS A8N-SLI if you don't get an anser for the exact motherboard. Mine should have all the same settings.

I have not OC'd that particular board, but remember one thing, no two mobos are going to act the same when OC'd. So, the settings for one board may not work for another.

Actually it more depends on your CPU and then mobo as for ram you could just run a mem divider :D

Actually I am more after suggestions rather than mirroring some ones OC settings.

I OC my graphics cards but I have never bothered to OC my CPU or mem.

Is there actually much point in OC the CPU and mem as the Graphics card is surely the bottle neck?

What are you saying, you have a 7800GTX!!! lol.

CPU is the 'bottleneck' in a system (I always get told off here for saying bottleneck.) but there will be a game/settings and res where your card will perform the same as a 6600gt in a game, where the only way of increasing the FPS is by increasing the CPU speed.

Using this one as an example, I have seen better ones though:

image005.gif

screenie didnt work :(

Anyway, are you sure this is true, I would imagine when playing games like oblivion that truely hammer my GPU the CPU is not doing a great deal (not running flat out).

in terms of playing games etc all the pressure is surely on the graphics card?

The CPU does make a difference in some games. Racing, Strategy games especially. I read a review where they used all the top Graphics cards (7900GTX, X1900XTX etc.) in a system running a Athlon 3700+, and at low res all the cards got the same framerate because the CPU was holding them back. Specifically games like FarCry and Half Life 2 are very CPU limited, and you will only see a huge difference in FPS when you start pushing res up to 1600x1280 mark with AA and AF pushed all the way up.

I see your point but thats just common sense.

However if you took a system simular to mine for example, 4200+ X2 cpu and 7800 256 megs GTX.

I want to crank up the detail settings on something like Half life 2 or Oblivion... surely if I over clock my CPU from its current setting I would see very little diffirence in the performance in game, surely the bottle neck in this example would be the GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom