Ddr 3200

Status
Not open for further replies.

lea0001

In Runtime
Hello

I hvae 512 ddr 3200 ram installed in my computer, i want to buy a 1024 stick .

Just wondering if it will work fine with the ram i have now and if it is possible to have 1.5gbs of ram?

thx lea0001

Qhwn u say type.. what do u mean, and yeah I wont be able to use the same brand? will that be a problem or just slow down optimal performance slightly?

lol.. you shouldn't really have a problem tho..

but the other day someone was having their ram running at 166mhz instead of 200mhz (400mhz effective..) because they had to different types of ram. different timings and stuff... you might run into similar problems.. but they're not that common. just hold your breath and hope it works out!

I'm running two different brands and I don't see a problem, just its not running at it's optimal speed. But I'm going to get one to match, I'd suggest you do the same lea0001.

Hi This is my first post, And ram Is a good place to start.

First off if you have a dual channel board then buy a set of 2x512 and install them into the dual channel slots on the board (usally the color code will tell you what slots to use) Then sell the 512 you have now. Resent benchmarking tests have proved that going over 1gb or ram is a waste and actually can hurt the performance of the rig. You waste to much cpu ussage cache'ing the ram. Unless you are doing alot of rendering (cad, video editing etc) Stick to 2x512

The other thing alot of people get confused on is the spead rating if your ram isn't running in dual channel then you will never see 400mhz effective. pc3200 is 100mhz x 2instructions per cycle = 200mhz in dual channel then its 200mhzx2 = 400mhz effective. (very, very, very misleading)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom