Smple DX10 question here... I hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

alilxmas

Baseband Member
I know that the cards out now which run on DX9 will not run vista with DX10, I dont know all the tech reasons but I checked a few places and that is the basics, easy for me to understand. It wont work.

Now vista will have to emulate DX9 up to, and act kinda like DX10. if possiable. Great I get that part also.

My real question is when the DX10 cards come out, will they be backwards compatiable with DX9 games and older OP systems???
Seeing how they are so much more "evolved" "advanced" somehow.

Yes a dx10 card will play dx9 and older games.

And I didn't really understand anything else you said so just to clarify everything. You don't need a dx10 card to run vista. But you do need a dx10 card and vista to run dx10 games.

i think he's talking about the hardware dx version. ya u can definitely run vista on dx9. dx10 will be compatible with everything down to dx7. 6 and lower u will have to run in something else

i think that DX9 card will able to play DX10, because older cards DX7 and DX8 can play DX9 games like doom3, hl2, fear, nfs most wanted etc

maroon1 said:
i think that DX9 card will able to play DX10, because older cards DX7 and DX8 can play DX9 games like doom3, hl2, fear, nfs most wanted etc
You're killing me man. Ok for like the 20th time this week, DX9 CARDS WILL NOT PLAY DX10 GAMES!!!!!!

The only way a game that is native dx10 will support a dx9 card is if the programmers allow it via disabling dx10 features depending on card type.

NeedAcpu said:
You're killing me man. Ok for like the 20th time this week, DX9 CARDS WILL NOT PLAY DX10 GAMES!!!!!!

i don't agree with, because if DX9 cards won't play DX10 games then no one or very few people will get DX10 games since most people will not have DX10 cards.

AND also u don't have proof to what ur saying, i never read any article that says that DX10 games will not run on DX9 cards, i just read somewhere that DX10 games will not run on windows XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom