New Conroe PI Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
uzi9mm said:
wtf are you talking about?

Conroe is going to be LGA775.
I think he confusing socket and chipset. They are socket 775 but current boards will not support them as of now. Some late addition 975x boards may support them and 965 boards will be released at the same time as Conroe that will support them. There is also 'rumor' or a 985x chipset to come, but nothing concrete on that.

I guess there is no need to add more pins to increase the performance eh? Seems like the chips are doing just fine as 775.

well i have 7000 CAD (6250 USD) to build a new comp by next feb so im getting everything brand new and the best possible for that :)

cvb724 said:
well i have 7000 CAD (6250 USD) to build a new comp by next feb so im getting everything brand new and the best possible for that :)

You could get 2 PC's for that. Or even 6.

or one super PC like i want to :). i have to run quite a bit for next semester and i dont wanna upgrade for at least 2 yrs after at all.

but back on topic do u guys think giving the conroes even more pins would give it even more power? i thot that was the whole point of moving from 754 to 939 for amd and it really helped

although its not like they need any more power

pin count ≠ more power
for example, Socket A Athlon's (423 pins) were ahead of the early Pentium 4's (462 pins)

however, it usually means more data transfers to and from the CPU.
Pentium 4's had a higher FSB than Athlon's before K8

well that many more pins doesnt matter but what about an increase of say... 200 or more? it seems that increases the power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom