Napster Vs. Itunes Vs. ......?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Jaeger

In Runtime
I want to subscribe to an online music download store like Napster or Itunes but I don't know which one to go with. I want to be able to download the music legally and then be able to burn the music to a cd or put it on an MP3 player if I want. Which should I go with Napster, Itunes or something else??

I've only bought from itunes. Easy and a bit of a discount cus i bought a full album.

some songs may not be available for individual sale tho. at the time, they only sold sean paul temperature with the full album.

yahoo sells music as well.

the new windows media player will have a service parterned with MTV.

I subscribe to napster and I love it. I have also used rhapsody, it had the same music as Napster but I liked Napsters interface more. I dont actually buy the music though, I just the the subscription based services.

http://music.allofmp3.com/help/help.shtml?help=on#top

The availability over the Internet of the ALLOFMP3.com materials is authorized by the license # LS-3Ì-05-03 of the Russian Multimedia and Internet Society (ROMS) and license # 006/3M-05 of the Rightholders Federation for Collective Copyright Management of Works Used Interactively (FAIR). Under the licenses' terms, MediaServices pays license fees for all materials downloaded from the site subject to the Law of the Russian Federation "On Copyright and Related Rights". All these materials are solely for personal use. Any further distribution, resale or broadcasting are prohibited.

If you have an IPOD don't expect napster to work for you. I read through their list of supported devices, ipod = no.

ipod = no napster

napster is nice if you have a compatible mp3 player.. 15 bucks a month to fill your harddrive and mp3 player with unlimited music. but you don't own the music, it's another 99 cents a song to get it permanently.

i use itunes because i have an ipod.

http://music.allofmp3.com/help/help.shtml?help=on#top

The user bears sole responsibility for any use and distribution of all materials received from AllOFMP3.com. This responsibility is dependent on the national legislation in each user's country of residence. The Administration of AllOFMP3.com does not possess information on the laws of each particular country and is not responsible for the actions of foreign users.
So what that means is that on allofMP3.com you are paying to download music from some server in Russia but it is illegal to download it here in the US am I right?

TheRecluse said:
ipod = no napster

napster is nice if you have a compatible mp3 player.. 15 bucks a month to fill your harddrive and mp3 player with unlimited music. but you don't own the music, it's another 99 cents a song to get it permanently.

i use itunes because i have an ipod.
So when your subscription to napster ends you can't listen to the music anymore? How can they stop you, come and take away your MP3 player? lol I mean once its on your hard drive, cd, or mp3 player what can they do to stop you from keeping it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom