HDD temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

heffer

In Runtime
i've read thru some temperature guide threads but didn't find my answer. so just wondering what temperature my hard drive should be at. my cpu is at 30C (86F) most of the time so i think there's nothing wrong with that. but my disk drive is at 42C (108F) when idle and 50C (122F) when i do long hours of playing games. what's the hottest temperature it should get before i have to turn off my computer and give it a rest. it's a Dell centrino laptop

it will be fine. mine has been know to hit 65*C without problems. it idles at 45*C

I just stick mine near the window to keep it cool...mine idles at 27*C. On cold days it goes near 20*C.

this guy has a laptop :amazed:.

50 degrees c is acceptable for a laptop but i would not be ok with that in a desktop setup.

@joshd: that is a dang high temp, how many hdd's do you have and whats the airflow in your case like? i have 3 hdd's and the highest they see is about 36 degrees without having individual coolers

Depending on the drive... My 80Gb Maxtor runs about 20C idle, about 50C when used for a VERY long time. My set of 160Gb Seagates run around 40C Idle and 60C when used... There used almost all the time because my gaming rig is also the home server and the seagates have the immulated copys of all the games that are installed so no one needs my cd's to play, they just gotta be sure the computer in my room is on... There used almost constantly and there very close together so... yea...

you can buy laptop coolers one of those jobbies with the dual fans on the bottom they run for like 40$ and work pretty well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom