Video card driver's won't install...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spetsnaz_SSF

Beta member
Hello gentlemen,

I bought a new video card in order to be able to play BF2 and somehow the driver's won't install, even after it shows that they have been installed succesfully.
I have a Soyo PS4 Dragon Ultra mobo, w/ a SiS 645 chipset, a P4 2.4 mhz processor, 1.25 Gigs of pc2700 ddr333mhz ram, a PSU of 550W (650W max) and the vid card I'm actually using is an Nvidia Geforce4 Ti 4600 w/ 128 ram (AGP). The card I bought is a GeForce 6600 OC 256 mb ddr ram (AGP too).
After having uninstalled the old card, reboot into safe mode, use Driver Cleaner Pro, switching cards, rebooting and installing the new drivers I always end up w/ the "New Hardware Found" message. I must be missing something in the process or the video card is defective. I don't receive any error messages either.
Can any of you pc guru's help me plz?

Thanks in advance,

Spets

Are you using the driver from cd,if so try to use the one off internet.
If using internet one try using the cd one.
Did you update the sis chipset drivers?

Hey,

I've tried using both, the driver's from the cd. And then went through all the process again (after the ones from the cd didn't install) and installed the ones from the nvidia site. These didn't work either.

I have not updated the chipset drivers. My mobo was discontinued this year I think and I can't find the drivers for it.

Spets.

Well, I did all I could and still nothing... First installed the AGP drivers. Then uninstalled the current vid card, rebooted to safe mode, removed the remaing files/drivers w/ Driver Cleaner, powered off the pc, switched cards, rebooted to normal Windows, installed drivers and...still the "New Hardware Found" message. I tried w/ the driver's that came in the CD w/ the vidcard...nothing, tried w/ the driver that was suggested by the ppl from BFG (v. 77.77)...nothing and tried w/ the lastest driver's from the Nvidia web page and still nothing. After every driver install I would reboot the pc and then install the VIVO drivers (these would install perfectly) and reboot but still w/ the same outcome.

I'm going to return this card, it's driving me nuts...

Thx for the help guys.

Spets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom