3800+ and SATA New Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get a 3800, waste of money. If you want to get a single core Athlon the go with a 3700. Get an MSI K8N Neo4-F instead of that board. I noticed that you have an AGP video card, you'd have to buy a PCI-e card for either of those motherboards. You won't notice a huge difference between the hard drives, unless the segate is ATA-100, 5400rpm with a 2MB cache and the new one is 7200rpm with either an 8MB or 16MB cache.

Well I already have the 3800+ im taking it from my dads pc. I only buy my computer parts from that store, so that motherboard is the best buy for my budget, and as for the hd I want some more room and I want Serial ata. Yes I am aware of my video card i'm going to wait for that buy. so will I notice a performance boost with those new componets??

thanks

I would just overclock. You can easily get 400MHz more out of that CPU. The new CPU would help but isn't really needed. IMHO another preformance boost you will notice, is the fact that you just put a fresh copy of Windows XP without any crap on it.

Ya its really wierd like I go to cpu info and its all locked up I can't change anything. Ya I'll experement with some overclocking first before I put the 3800+ in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom