Suggestions for case mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Jaeger

In Runtime
I have the Coolermaster Centurion 5 and I'm trying to decide how to make it look Uber l337 and everything so do you guys have any ideas for lights, mods, ect. for it?

Here are some pics of the case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI... Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

I was thinking maybe put like a red cold cathode or LED in the bottom of the case and then sleeving all the wires with some color of UV reacitve sleeving(maybe purple or red?). Then I would put a sound activated UV cold cathode at teh top of the case so that whenever some heavy bass plays on my speakers when playing a game or watching a movie the UV will flicker like lightning and the wires will glow. :cool: I got the idea for this from a case that some guy at XtremeSystems has.

My other idea was to sleeve all the wires UV reactive green and put a couple UV lights in the case to light them up at all times. I have a DFI Lanparty board so the AGP,PCI,RAM, and CPU slots would all glow yellow too.

Also I plan to watercool this rig as soon has I get more money and I will make the liquid in the tubes UV reactive too. =)

Well I'm looking for more options so if you guys can think of anything cool that I could do to this case or a different theme of lights and stuff then post em up! ;)

Yeah i would say sleeve the PSU wires, and get a UV light in there. Maybe add a blowhole at the top to even lower the temps :p

You could also even add in a intake fan on the side of the case

But simple just add some LED fans, UV CC, or regular CC's

hmm, I was thinking maybe I'll just sleeve the wires with blue UV reactive and put 1 or 2 UV CC lights in there and then when I watercool the thing I'll dye the liquid UV reactive blue. Yeah thats what I think I'll do. All the stuff glowing blue in my case and the ram, agp, pci slots glowing yellw and it will look pretty sick I think. Maybe I'll put in a UV reacite fan in the back too.

I found this fan bus that I'm prolly gonna get and you can controll your CC lights with it too so that s pretty cool.
http://www.frozencpu.com/bus-34.html

Eh, i have a fan controller hooked up to my fan, and i hooked that up to my UV CC, and i can control the brightness when i turn the knob :p i found that amazing :)

Nice, maybe I'll try that too.

If you are a ture lighting fanatic you could get this:
http://www.frozencpu.com/lit-123.html

Read all the features that thing has.....or watch the video better yet. Its pretty sweet but its $25 and I'd still have to buy a fan bus. Although it did say something about it working as a fan controller with the channels in the "on" mode. I don't know.

its a shame that it is really bad to have bubbles in watercooling pipes. it would look really cool to have lots of bubbles flowing along them, especially if the water was UV reactive dyed.

I'd put some blue or red LEDs or cold cathodes inside it and get an etched window kit from www.frozencpu.com or www.xoxide.com and maybe some more fans if there is enough room for more and maybe a case skin or just paint the case, unless you like the color as is. Frozencpu has computer case skins available they are kinda like wall paper for your pc or an instant paint job, ya just stick it on the case I believe. Hope some of this suits your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom