do you RAID?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you can have like 3 drives, 2 in raid 0, and another jsut used for storage or something else

when u set up raid 0 will this wipe everything off the hdd's? i would like to use raid but losing any of my data will be h3ll as i hav tones of coursework on it

I have a RAID0 with 2 7200rpm SATA barracudas, i love it. I notice a big difference in loading times, especially in bf2. Like pzero said, we are capturing flags before anyone else is even in the game...... ive been accused of cheating before too because of it. :p :confused:

To setup the raid0 you have to wipe all the info off the drives and start anew. This is because data is split between both drives and read off of both drives.

Actually I've owned a bagillion 7200 drives, a raptor, 15K SCSI's, and a 7200rpm with 16mb sata.

Truthfully, the raptors don't preform for their price. You can buy a 36g raptor for just as much as a 250g 16mb cache sata, which overall i think does a better job. The SCSIs blow them all away, obveously, but those are $300+. Why pay for almost 10% of the space for a raptor when you can get one of these new satas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom