AC5 Leaving on

Status
Not open for further replies.
My room is like 75 - 80*F.

I have one side 80mm intake fan, one top 80mm exhaust fan, and one rear 120mm exhaust.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+

cypherotu said:
Forgive my ignorance, but why do you need to turn it off at night? And what is AS5?

I suppose you don't have to turn it off at night, but it lets everything cool down and rest so to speak.

AS5 is thermal paste for the CPU/Heatsinc connection, it keeps temps down.

You can keep it on or turn it off it doesn't really make a difference. It just needs 150-200 hours to set in (typically a week).

lol how would you get a 20C cpu/system in a 24-27C room? If your actually telling the truth, then I'd say your sensors are way off.

mine idles around 29C now, but it also hasn't been cleaned in a year with no filters, it used to idle 25-26C in about 75 degree room. Thats stock 939 3000+ hsf with as5.

Sui said:
lol how would you get a 20C cpu/system in a 24-27C room? If your actually telling the truth, then I'd say your sensors are way off.

The thermostat right outside my bedroom is always between 75 - 80*F. I suppose I could take a picture of it if you want..

I highly doubt my sensors are off, I can put my hand in the heatsinc and it is very cool to the touch, not even warm.

You can take any picture you want, the numbers still are not going to add up.... and does that finger come with digital or analog temp reader?..... that last part was a joke.... oooo ooo I got another, how do you keep water from condensing on your motherboard? Ok seriously somethings off, either something is giving you bad temp reading somewhere, or your just completely full of BS.

Reason I said your board was because abits AN8 had reports of temps being low, and where theres one, theres others..... what board do you have? BTW you can't cool past room temp unless you cool with refrigerant, or externally cooled with outside air. It 'feels cool' because it absorbs heat from your hand faster then air does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom