Windows 95, wheres theres a good side, theres a down side!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aff1993

In Runtime
Well, i have completely installed windows 95 (Windows 95 4.00.950 C with plug and play), and after the install, i turned it on, starting windows for the first time, all good, then as i clicked on start windows, this message came up "command.com missing or corrupted, please locate interpreter eg. c:windows/command"
so i was stuck, the only windows i could get on was safe mode, i looked for the command.com, it was fine and in the right place, now as you know my floppy drive is broken, the only acess to a disk, and the external zip drive, the driver is now outdated, and a soon as its detected, the computer freezes. i cannot search for hardware as i am in safe mode, and i cannot do direct cable connection, as i said, safe mode, when it searches for another comp, it automatically disconnects!
and i went to microsoft, theyve seen this before, infact they told me how to fix it, BUT IT REQUIRES A BOOT DISK, I HAVE NO FLOPPY!
heres the link http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=120822 please dont just say something like "why do you want windows 95" because that wont help, I need solutions PLEASE, i dont wanna get rid of my laptop!

Oh what did i just say, i CANT UPGRADE TO 2000 BECAUSE I HAVE NO DRIVES, I WOULD IF I COULD!
I JUST NEED SOME STRAIGHT FORWARD ANSWERS, OH AND YOUR GAY!

O.K man,

I'm not trying to be a smart-arse but you DO need a boot disk ideally. an External Floppy Would be your best bet. these range from About $15 - $30

otherwise you can TRY Swissknife a free partitioning Tool, fits onto CD or USB key, partitions both indows and Linux

http://www.compuapps.com/download/Swissknife/swissknife.htm

you can also try a Linux Live such as gparted:

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

Hope this Helps,

Jake

PS: Gaybillgates, Great tip Man. you are truly the gayest person Ever!

I would say just break down and buy a new floppy. Even a internal one only goes for $10-$12 while a external goesd for $15-20. When using Win 95 you need a floppy. No way around it.

So if you want this fixed gonna have to spend a few $$ to get it to work correctly. Either that or try Knippox. IT is a Linux Live CD that you might be able to do this fix with.

How are you on the internet now? Just download Knoppix. Burn it to CD. If you have a machine that you can use to get on the net then you are all set. Easy peasy.

If you cant download on that machine then you are stuck buying a floppy drive.

aff1993 said:
Oh what did i just say, i CANT UPGRADE TO 2000 BECAUSE I HAVE NO DRIVES, I WOULD IF I COULD!
I JUST NEED SOME STRAIGHT FORWARD ANSWERS, OH AND YOUR GAY!

you are gay because you won't put a drive on it. put 95 on then throw it in the trash. oh! you wear pink chaps (gay cowboy)

Look!
if you could read it would help, I DO HAVE WINDOWS 95.
Im on the internet because there is more than one computer in my house!
I cannot find a drive that easy, it is a laptop, and it is old, extremely hard to find parts!
the only thing i could probably do is fix my floppy, but every computer store wont go near my laptop saying it has to be made from 1998 an up, mine is 1995!
ive looked on ebay, nothing.
i do have one question, i have 2 pcmcia slots, but i cannot install them because its a driver install, safe mode wont let me.
But- i have plug and play support, will a no driver needed pcmcia memory card (about 2mb) work so i can transfer a new driver for my zip?
it says no driver needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom