My first comp has been ordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take it all apart and start again :p
(Sorry, couldn't help myself...)

If and when you get the money, your two biggest concerns need to be the video card and processor, because both are becoming dated fast. You can upgrade to dual core proc wise, so that shouldn't be too much of a worry. Video card wise, you may need to worry more, though, should you start to play some of the newer and more demanding games because it's going to stop being able to keep up with them on decent settings soon.

Well good luck with your computer. But if you wanted to know if those specs could play CSS and AoE III then you should have posted it in the PC gaming section where people wouldn't criticize the computer. Usually when you post specs on your new computer it in this section people will give their opinion on the actual rig. Anyways it should play those games fine. But I do agree that the 6600 GT is starting to show it's age, even for a budget card.

macdude425 said:
Take it all apart and start again :p
(Sorry, couldn't help myself...)

If and when you get the money, your two biggest concerns need to be the video card and processor, because both are becoming dated fast. You can upgrade to dual core proc wise, so that shouldn't be too much of a worry. Video card wise, you may need to worry more, though, should you start to play some of the newer and more demanding games because it's going to stop being able to keep up with them on decent settings soon.

I should be able to upgrade bnoth though to good standerd though right? I meen duel core CPU and switch u the graphics card 9im using PCI-E) and i can run ok, not to mention i can always upgrade the ram ect

A dual core pentium is crap. They're not going to be making a lot more for that socket since 771 is comming out. Video card, very old and dated. However, I'm %99 positive you'll be in love with this machine (because you haven't been exposed to really good graphics). That is until you build yourself an AMD.

Well i just hooked it up and..... every thing truns awsome. I was playing age of empires 3 pretty much maxed out with anti aliasing full and was just plaing CS:S with full res for my LCD and no problems so far :)

ya congrats you should have no problems runnin those games..

but $900?! are you kidding?! man you woulda gotten a SCREAMER. but in the end you got your dad's trust for intel. thats always good for something.

aliasaid said:
ya congrats you should have no problems runnin those games..

but $900?! are you kidding?! man you woulda gotten a SCREAMER. but in the end you got your dad's trust for intel. thats always good for something.

Ya thats true, i tryed to convince him other wise, but lets just say when an iranian father tells u he doesnt like something he doesnt like it

lol

have you seen the movie crash? (won the oscar for best film!) there's that old iranian guy that always swears..funny character, you just reminded me of him.. lol

quote from movie: "why? you have friend fix doors?"

yeah that machine will be good for that job. about the p4 its not that they are bad, their ok, its just that athlons are better. faster, they let off less heat, and are cheaper. heh right now im typing on a p4 at school. lets see my computer> properties> here we go:
2.8ghz 504mb ram intel 915 integrated graphics (12mb) groans >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom