*Sigh* More Bluescreen Fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mission

In Runtime
So, its 1 week before exams and my laptop, ironically containing all my school information is getting blluescreens on start up. Its windows xp professional, NT?? i dont know...but i have to press CRTL + ALT + DEL then enter user/pass to log in. however just before that screen pops up, i get a nice fatty bluescreen. it says something about win32k.sys and then some other hardcore stuff that i cant read because my computer restarts before i can read it. im going to try and take a picture of the screen if i can, then ill post it.

EDIT: and yes, ive tried Safe Mode, same thing happens.

and heres the photo.

dsc015117bj.jpg

So you can't get into windows at all? Did it come with an XP cd? I had to fix my friends Dell, he had the same problem but his restore stuff was on a seperate partition. If it did come with an XP CD run a repair or re-install but don't format as you will lose all your data. You can also try pressing F8 and hitting the "Last known good" configuration.

Phone tech support and ask them how to use the restore function. Then go from there. Be careful, the restor utility might erase all your data.

hehe..then i kill myself! because everything i need is on it lol..anyways...thanks for trying

I have the same problem with another computer, trying to install an XP upgrade from win98.

I'm formating the HDD (again!), and then I'm going to see if I can do a fresh install of XP without using win98.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom