Fastest Multimedia PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Operating Systems. Would you suggest Windows MCE or WinXP Pro and then purchase an additional SageTV or Beyond TV. Does XP Pro have the 3GB limitation?

Thanks,
TCM

Well..I was patient and saved up. Also, is it possible to build a PC that will still be kicka$$ in 5 years or at least upgradable so it'll be kicka$$. I don't want to be obsolete in 5 years time.

Thanks,
TCM

get the Opteron 180, its about $710, which leaves $2280 for the rest of the computer which is great

WE start here:

DFI Lanparty UT Sli-DR $160 or something
Zalman CNPS9500 HSF $60
eVGA 7900GTX 512MB $500
WD Raptor X 150GBx2 total is $660
G.SKill 2x1GB DUal Channel $180
2x NEC 3550A $60 total
Creative X-Fi Xtreme $120
ASPIRE ATX-AS600W-GN 600W $90

Im a little unsure about the PSU, but if u want you can always get the Antec TruePower II 550Watt, its more than enough, its a great PSU, one of the best, i just thought i'd look for something else

Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers $230

ALl those in total are $2060, but if u get the Antec PSU it will be about $2090. I'd suggest the Antec inplace of the Aspire since the Aspire doesnt have that many reviews.

OH i almost forgot, a CASE!

Thermaltake Silver Kandalf $230

+that its bout $2420 with the Antec.

Get MCE if u want, and then get the Hauppauge PVR 250 or 150 Tv Tuner. And yes XPs limit is 3gigs.

Thanks for the suggestions and even doing the math to calculate the total dollars.

I'm going to build my own. It seemed intimidating but it doesn't look too bad. Plus, if I get help from you guys I'll be okay!!

****...this system should fly!

sorry no comp will last 5 years.

i'd say 3yrs then its a complete overhaul. seeing as there's a barage of new technology just around the corner...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom