My first comp has been ordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki9090

In Runtime
as some of you know i have been workign on a build for counter strike source and age of empires 3. well it is on its way today or tommorow morning.

it has:

Asus p5pld2 mobo (duel core support)
1 gb ddr2 533mhz OCZ value ram
3.0ghz pentium 4 proccessor
NX6600GT Video card
250gb SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive

man i hope it runs both games good.

Did you build that computer using Tech forums because thats not something that is usually recommended here. its looks ok, but i feel that you could have gotten a better configuration.

adam02 said:
Did you build that computer using Tech forums because thats not something that is usually recommended here. its looks ok, but i feel that you could have gotten a better configuration.

Why what do u think is off of this computer? is it the whole im not using AMD fact?

Partially because you went Intel. Im not a fan boy but you said it yourself, you wanted a computer to play CS and AOE3, and AMD would have been better.

BennyV04988 said:
amen...AMD is muuuch better bang for your buck. besides a 7600GT would a better gpu

Unfourtunaly i had a 900 dollar budget, and i fail to see where a 7600GT falls in to that. The guy i bought from only really offerd Intel, but istn 3.0ghz enough to run those two games.?

yea id say so, but you were much better off with AMD for gaming. Is there anyway you can take back the computer and get a refund , we can sure put your 900 dollars to make a better comp.

adam02 said:
yea id say so, but you were much better off with AMD for gaming. Is there anyway you can take back the computer and get a refund , we can sure put your 900 dollars to make a better comp.

No theirs no real way to bring it back, plus my dad doesnt "trust" amd, hes a retard but what can i do im not paying for it. Anyway i think its cool for now, and when i need a cpu upgrade ill just get a duel core pentium (since my mobo supports it)

macdude425 said:
That's when you tell your parents "this is my money, you agreed to let me build a computer, so go jump in a lake."

I pretty much did that on my first build (until my dad blew it up and bought me all new parts...)

I never said it was my money, my parents money. Either way thanks i guess but im not really looking for parental advice, just want to know if this build will urns age of empires 3 and CS:S. I figure it will its got more in it then the reccomended specs are.

Also any help upgrade wise would be appreciated but non of this take it all apart and start over stuff i dont have thta kind of money im a budget gamer unfourtunatly so just stuff that can better what i already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom